An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Linux Automation Engineer to join the UK’s leading independent managed hosting group, at our Leeds HQ. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing and exciting organisation where your decisions truly count.
- Champion new products
- Develop and refine tools, procedures and workflows that create consistency and stability for our internal operations and customer experience.
- Discuss ideas at a high level and use your technical ability to follow through and implement them.
- Review and research potential new products, presenting them to the wider team to highlight their potential.
Be a champion for projects
- Be comfortable working in a fluid environment where requirements and priorities may change at short notice.
- Be prepared to be the cause of that change.
- Continually think about the root causes of issues, and where necessary, stop and re-evaluate a project with the team to ensure it doesn’t just address the symptoms of a problem.
- Ensure that projects move ahead in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure that work is achieved effectively.
Document and communicate your work
- Appreciate high-quality documentation and have pride in your own.
- Enjoy using communication and collaboration tools for maximum efficiency.
- Produce documentation on development work that can be used for Research and Development funding.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to highlight the goals of new and existing projects and their ongoing progress.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin Skills.
- Knowledge and Understanding of IT Infrastructure,
- Scripting (BASH, Python, Lua, Powershell)
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Automation and Config Management Skills (Ansible)
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Influx)
- Knowledge of Data Serialisation Languages (JSON, YAML)
- Experience working with automation and monitoring tools (Icinga, Grafana, TICK stack, ELK stack)
- Experience with source control (Git, GitLab)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Networking Technologies
- Knowledge of the web hosting industry and associated technologies. (Apache, NGINX, IIS)
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- 28 days holiday plus 8 statutory public holidays.
- Flexible working.
- Paid role-specific training and exams.
- Opportunity to develop new skills and progress.
- Company health expenses plan with BUPA.
- Aviva life insurance.
- Free Parking.
- Generous company pension.
- Discount on tech goods.
- Dress down Fridays
About eUKhost LTD
Web Hosting Since 2001
eUKhost offers a wide-range of web hosting solutions for individuals, businesses, developers and public sector organisations, now serving over 35,000 customers around the world. Whether you are looking for a shared hosting package for your personal website or a complex cloud hosting solution for business, eUKhost has the technology and expertise to deliver