cap and hpi are two of the most recognised brands in the motor industry. cap is recognised as a leading provider of data and insight to the automotive industry. Its award-winning used car pricing and technical information has been trusted for more than 30 years. Established in 1938, hpi is a primary source of vehicle information for the UK motor industry and motoring consumer. hpi encompasses both the hpi database of all UK road registered vehicle descriptions and histories, and the National Mileage Register (NMR) which holds in excess of 200 million mileage readings. The two brands create a major UK-based business with decision support data and software solutions spanning vehicle valuation, validation, collision and mechanical repair and total cost of ownership. cap hpi operates as part of the Solera Group of Companies. Solera is a leading provider of risk and asset management software and services to the automotive and property marketplace, including the global P&C insurance industry. Solera is active in 85 countries across six continents
We’re looking for proactive and enthusiastic individuals to help shape and drive the future of business intelligence for cap hpi. As MI Developer you will join a team of 7 and predominantly work alongside 2 other MI Developers. You will be responsible for the design, build & delivery of automated reporting solutions in line with business & customer requirements. With a central Leeds office location, this is a real opportunity to shape future business intelligence for cap hpi by designing & delivering quality, fit-for-purpose BI solutions that enable effective, data-driven business decisions to be made.
• Follow BI project lifecycle steps to design, develop and deliver quality, fit-for-purpose reporting solutions.
• Develop, support & maintain ETL processes, reporting outputs & solutions.
• Provide effective & timely support in requests for ad hoc data analysis & reporting requirements.
• Work with business sponsors to understand and gather reporting requirements carrying these requirements through to quality, fit-for-purpose reporting solutions.
• Provide quality assurance by carrying out regular data validation steps to ensure data processed by MI systems balances to source information. This feeds into an MI objective of ensuring “One version of the truth” is inherent in terms of BI circulated.
• Requirement to form part of an out of hours on-call Rota
Required attributes and characteristics
• ETL Design & Development (Sagent Data Flow, Automate BPA Server preferable) and a good knowledge of ETL methodologies is essential
• Microsoft BI Stack: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS,
• Data Analysis (Methodical & Analytical Approach)
• Data Management/ Warehousing (Kimball methodology)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; especially Microsoft Excel
• BI Project lifecycle documentation (business requirements, functional/ technical specification, user/ training guides)
• Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication skills – Ability to communicate at all levels
• Team player with the ability to work independently when needed
• Thrives under pressure and able to deliver to tight deadlines
• Logical approach to problem solving with strong trouble shooting skills
• Keen attention to detail
Why you should work for us?
• Location-wise, we are based 5 minutes across the road from Leeds station
• Our office setting is open plan and we work collaboratively as a team
• Smart casual is our dress code and we are open to flexible start and end times and some remote working (with agreement from your manager)
• To break up the day and to allow time away from your screen we have table football and a pool table in the office, we offer weekly fruit to keep the team healthy!
• Once a month we have an informal ‘’beer and crisps’’ get-together where we catch up on new developments and wins
• We also like to celebrate company success, funding legendary summer and winter parties. Teams also take part in a quarterly incentive which is linked to our performance against financial targets
• As a company and indeed as a team we are constantly looking to be innovative.
• There are frequent opportunities internally to learn and grow into other fields / disciplines. Career progression is important to us
• We want to make your job easier, so we offer dual monitors, SSD, wireless keyboard/mice
About cap hpi
cap hpi provides decision support data and software solutions spanning vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair, and total cost of ownership. We help our customers to make smarter automotive decisions by providing one source for data and software solutions that uniquely span the whole vehicle lifecycle; new, used and future vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair and total cost of ownership. cap hpi puts technology at the centre of all data activities, from collection and processing, through to delivery and the development of new applications. We operate from an international hub in Leeds, UK; ensuring our systems, coding, data collection processes, and valuation methodologies are consistent, scalable, repeatable and of the highest quality for every country. cap hpi operates as part of Solera, a global provider of risk and asset management software and services to the automotive and property marketplace. Solera is active in 85 countries across six continents.