The Head of Finance will act as the finance lead for aql and will form a key part of the Senior Leadership Team, with a dotted line to the CEO.
You will be
- Must be fully qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA with at least 5 years PQE – with a desire to progress and become and FD in the future
- Preferred experience within the technology sector or professional services involving business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Possess strong commercial instincts, with the ability to think both strategically whilst in and amongst the detail
- A proven track record of delivering value in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to look at customer data (including customer behaviours) and work out how to harness the information effectively and react quickly.
- Ability to look at the key business drivers and not be held back by slow decision-making.
- To provide relevant, timely and accurate financial information and analysis to the business – including monthly accounts and commentary, explain variances to budget and forecast, and be able to challenge assumptions.
- Responsible for maximising revenue and profitability for the existing client base.
- Exploiting revenue and profit opportunities for new business.
- Maintaining proper and effective internal financial controls in accordance with the group finance policy and procedure manual.
- Ownership of all balance sheet accounts,
- Providing financial and commercial support to bid preparation and other business development activities.
- Designing, developing & automating financial planning and analysis tools and processes to facilitate timelier and higher quality analysis, business planning and forecasting including best practice financial modelling.
- Lead automated data-led decision making processes to support improvements to trading, including around product pricing and marketing attribution
- Establish and drive company strategy on data & analytics, including management of key data, BI and analytics tools.
- Leading the annual Budget and 5 Year Plan process, and supporting major projects and initiatives.
- Lead and motivate the team to develop and enhance their own capability by encouraging a learning culture so that they can achieve their maximum potential.
aql is a fast paced, rapidly growing and award winning datacentre & wholesale telecommunications company based in Leeds City Centre. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high profile organisations.
To find out more you can visit our website at www.aql.com
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcare cashplan (including personal accident cover.)
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free on site parking
- Other perks such as regular socials, payday breakfast etc
aql are a fast paced, rapidly growing and award winning telecommunications company based in Leeds city centre. We handle communications for many UK ISPs and both product and customer base is widening.